Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Case Managers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, Teachers/Educators, and other Helping Professionals that work with children
- State the difference between a “stop behavior and a start behavior”
- Summarize 10 essential skills for diffusing tantrums, meltdowns and shutdowns in children.
- Implement 3 tools to develop trust and motivation, while avoiding the pitfalls of power struggles and disengagement.
- Identify simple, easy interventions to engage even the most resistant behavior
Why Do They Lose It?
- Physical and Emotional Challenges
- Stop Behaviors
- Start Behaviors
Power Struggles: Non-Engagement & Blocking Strategies for ADHD, ODD, ASD & Resistant Behaviors
- Why time outs don’t work
- Mindfulness: How to Diffuse through Validation and Repetition
- How to Block Disrespectful & Negative Verbal & Non Verbal Behaviors
Visual Aids for Start & Stop Behaviors
- Using templates to communicate
- Transitions Made Fun
- Non verbal techniques to express feelings
- 3 x 5 cards for Tantrum Busting