Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists, Therapists, Speech-Language Pathologists
- Communicate effectively definitions of mindfulness in a clinical setting.
- Formulate research based rationale for using mindfulness based interventions.
- Explore the basic research underlying mindfulness based treatment approaches
- Investigate simple principles of neuroscience and physiology as it relates to stress and mindfulness
- Apply mindfulness and related techniques in and out of sessions.
- Design mindfulness-based treatments that are tailored to impulse control.
- Mindfulness: What’s all this “nothingness” about?
- It’s not just breathing. What mindfulness is, and what it isn’t
- The stress response on development, learning, and mental health
- Harness the healing power of mind-body relationship
- Give kids tools to recognize and work with their emotions and impulses
- Transform fight or flight to attend and befriend
- Facilitate child and teen brain development
- PRACTICE MINDFULNESS IN THE TREATMENT HOUR
- Introduce and Adapt Mindfulness Practices for Young People
- Play, games, video, arts, and athletics
- Adapt mindfulness exercises to all kinds of minds
- CBT, dynamic, expressive and play therapies
- Assessment and Treatment Planning
- When to use, and when to avoid, mindfulness practices
- The five stage model
- Mindfulness-based holistic treatment plan
- Strategies to Engage Challenging Kids
- Develop skills to engage the most resistant and reluctant kids
- Tips for teaching a range of learning styles
- Create an environment of safety and exploration
- Strength-based approach to match the treatment to the child
- Proven Techniques for Depression, ADHD, Anxiety and More
- Build emotional intelligence
- Mind-body awareness, listening meditation and others
- Boost mood with mindful appreciation, mindful movement
- Slowing down with STOP, SLOW, SIFT, Urge surfing practices
- Self-soothing skills for trauma and anxiety disorders
- Mindful grounding with touchpoints, the four elements and more
- MAKE MINDFULNESS STICK OUTSIDE THE TREATMENT HOUR (WHERE IT REALLY MATTERS!)
- It doesn’t have to be an hour on a cushion - Finding the time
- 100 activities for kids (and adults!) to do mindfully
- 50 simple reminders to bring kids back to the present
- Dozens of effective tools that take less than a minute
- “Stealth” mindfulness that kids can do without anyone even knowing
- Techniques for challenges at home, the classroom, performances and social situations
- Ease difficult transition times
- Checking in, not checking out - Working with technology/social media