Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Case Managers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, Teachers/Educators, Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapists/Physical Therapy Assistants, and other Mental Health Professionals
- How much does context matter?
- Communicate comfort rather than threat
- Decrease emotional reactivity through a sensory motor lens
Creative questions that reveal more about a child’s:
- Family life
- Parenting they are receiving
Emphasize the parental basics:
Teach parents how to more effectively deal with their child’s behavior
- Understand when to “lean into” a behavior instead of trying to extinguish it
- Wait for the teachable moment, and know when to avoid talking about feelings and problems
- Uncover and challenge parents’ theories about their children’s reactivity and behavior
- Allow development to happen, even if it’s not on our preferred schedule